Building Sustainable Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Systems in Washington State
- Have a better understanding of the Chronic Disease Self-Management Education programs including Tomando Control de su Salud, Chronic Pain Self-Management Education, and Diabetes Self-Management Education.
- Identify opportunities to provide CDSME to two target populations; Native Americans and people with developmental disabilities.
- Initiate working with insurance and managed care organizations to position their organizations for reimbursement.
|9:00 to 9:15 am||Registration, coffee|
9:15 to 9:30 am
|Welcome Remarks by ADSA and DOH|
9:30 to 9:55 am
|Tomando Control de su Salud|
9:55 to 10:20 am
|Chronic Pain Self-Management Program|
10:20 to 10:45 am
|Diabetes Self-Management Program|
10:45 to 11:10 am
|Better Choices Better Health On-line CDSMP course|
11:10 to 11:20 am
11:20 to 11:45 am
|People with Developmental Disabilities and CDSME|
|11:45 to 12:10 pm||CDSME and Native Americans|
|12:10 to 12:30 pm||Working with Insurance Plans-Dave Hughes|
- Learn about Affordable Care Act opportunities and how to embed self-management supports.
- Current partners and potential partners share current reality and future vision for CDSME programs in their area.
- Share networking and program dissemination strategies.
- Generate next steps for CDSME sustainability for current partners and potential partners.